1. Cultivating design professionals in all fields - In response to future trends of scientific, technological, humanities and academic development, combined with various resources from both inside and outside the school the school implements the concept of industrial design education with "design theory and practice in mind". The goal is to cultivate high-level industrial design talents who combine product development and design, product planning and design management capabilities. University students are mainly developing basic skills in design practice, while master's students need to have independent design research or creative literacy. Their core competencies include:
(1) Innovative design capabilities.
(2) The ability to integrate design elements and ideas.
(3) Understanding design-related roles in design project and engineering knowledge.
(4) The ability of project management planning.
(5) Communication and expression skills.
(6) Combine and apply cross-industrial knowledge and resources.
2. Deepening design technology and academic research - Expanding the application field of industrial design technology, strengthen the specific benefits of thematic research results, and give back to teaching design. Achieving the effects of both theory and practice.
3. Integrate design resources and promote design services - With the industrial design major as the core, combined with the resources of other departments of the School of Design, the School of Management, the School of Engineering and the Faculty of Humanities, we provide design consulting services required by the domestic business community, government departments, and community organizations.